The dream world of Laetitia de Gaulle


Laetitia de Gaulle is a designer and artist for over 20 years. She likes to be eclectic, to discover unknown new worlds. The color is the link between all her works, dreams and feeds her imagination.

 

What is art?

Art is for me a source of pleasure, happiness and fulfillment. Long practiced as a hobby, my     career   is     becoming more professional. I set a lot and participates in numerous events.
 

What about your technique?

I have been trained at the Boulle school (high French artistic and design school), fine arts and interior design. I have tasted many techniques, painting and sticking over another gives free expression of color to infinity, interpretations of our emotions, and this is like creating with and from my hands, my body, my brain, my     emotions.
 

Which are the subjects of your creations?

I paint animals, giving them life, names, making them becoming like alive. I draw, paint, stick, create all the time, and look forward to improve, discover, be surprised and surprise the others.
 

What about your inspirations?

My canvas are dedicated to oniric and colored worlds. I also paint resin animals, giving them life, names,   making them becoming like alive. I draw, paint, stick, create all the time, and look forward to improve,        discover, be surprised and surprise the other.

What does your work looks like?

A dream world, or joy, happiness, laugh mingled with melancholy prevail. A world of colors, where everyone draws what he wants it. Free work without constraints, where my spontaneity and my personality are such that sees it. The starting point of a table, the genesis of a work is a picture I find anywhere. It is the beginning of a story, she spins through my fingers, lives, and I'm leaving in a world that will surprise myself.

 

Artistic news and projects?

I realized 3 personal exhibitions and a collective one in 2015, which was a great joy and a lot of work.
I begin the New Year with a very exciting exhibition with a gallery and other artists, and I plan a lot of events: to exhibit abroad, a duo exhibition with another artist I like very much, participate to contemporary arts exhibitions in France and elsewhere.
Other projects are emerging. The year 2016 promises to be rich!
 
 

What were your ambitions for your child's adult life?


Not to be like everyone else. Yes I can!

http://www.laetitiadegaulle.fr 

Interview by Greta Del Popolo

2 commenti: